RidersUSA will be sponsoring 25 wreaths with four in the name of our past members, Geroge Sprankle, Jay "Sporty" Shonert, Adam P. Rocha and Tammy Cowart. Wreaths Across America’s Mission Statement is to Remember the fallen; Honor those who served; and Teach our children the value of freedom.
The official Wreaths Across America Ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. A beautiful, live bough wreath laying event and ceremony, held simultaneously all across America, and coordinated to be held at the same time the ceremony is held in Arlington, VA.
RidersUSA members will meet at the Shell Super Pumper gas station, 21015 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ, 85024 (NE corner of Cave Creek Rd and Rose Garden Lane) for the short ride to the cemetery. We will join the flag line for the ceremony and help place wreaths at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Meet up: 8:30 AM
KSU: 8:45 AM
Ceremony: 10:00 AZ
Afterwards any members wishing to go to lunch as a group at TBD may do so.
2023 RidersUSA Wreath Recipients
1. Joe Anaya, Army, Sec 57 Site 738
2. Robert Anselmo, Army, Sec 55 Site 3594
3. Frank Villa, Navy, Sec 55 Site 3222
4. Calvin Short, Navy, Sec 55 Site 2267
5. Pete Rosales, Army, Sec 55 Site 432
6. Adam Rocha, Army, Sec 55 Site 176
7. Russell McAnerny, Army, Sec 42, Site 274
8. Dale Bohannan, Navy, Sec 18E Site 33
9. Frank Ruggiero, Army, Sec 23 Site 60
10. Dennis Anselmo, Army, Sec 36 Site 196
11. Granville Floyd, Army, Sec 46 Site 1730
12. Harlen McDaniel, Air Force, Sec 49 Site 291
13. John “Sporty Jay” Shonert, Navy, Sec 62 Site 3
14. Robert Lancaster, Navy, Sec 63 Site 243
15. Randy Randell, Navy, Sec 64 Site 46
16. Ken Shimabukuro, Army, Sec 70, Site 1487
17. Harrison “Budd” Gilbert, USA, Sec 70 Site 846
18. George Sprankle, Marine Corps, Sec 70 Site 938
19. John Henry, Marine Corps, Sec 79 Site 1733
20. Charles Reardon, Army, Sec C3, Row A, Site 9
21. David Olsen, Navy, Sec C7 Row B Site 32
22. Thomas Mitchell, Air Force, Sec H7 Row B Site 35
23. James Williams, Air Force, Sec I6, Row A, Site 111
24. Tammy Cowart, Army, Sec I6 Row B Site 16
25. Bennett Kopp, Army, Sec J6, Row A, Site 36
FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/664955255739617/?ref=newsfeed
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
" Wreaths Across America"